Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Review: Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Exposed

Everyone who tries the Tarte blushes seems to love them, and this shade seems to specifically be a favorite. Upon first glance I assumed that this would be way wayyyyyy too dark for my freakishly pale self. 


What the product claims:
A long wearing, supremely soft blush infused with Amazonian clay harvested from the banks of the Amazon River and naturally baked by the sun.


Packaging:
I think its nice. Its nice that it comes with a mirror and I like that the packaging is the color of the blush. Its fairly simple and cute.

swatched

Color & Consistency: 
While I don't think its entirely necessary to describe the color to you guys since you can see it, i'd describe it as a nudeish rosy color.I think this blush also has a certain sculpting effect since it is such a nude color. It seems to be a pretty universal natural blush color for a lot of skin tones. This blush is also matte. I like pairing this with an extreme lip/eye. If i'm not sure what blush I want that day I'll grab this because it fits most looks. The consistency isn't really velvety. It seems pretty hard and the pigmentation is nice but its to a point that I can build it up from a light flush to super rosy cheeks. This goes on nicely and it blends evenly and isn't blotchy.  I don't know if this blush lasts 12 hours but I do think it lasts for a decent amount of time.

Does this live up to the initial claims?
Somewhat. It is pretty long wearing but it isn't too soft which is whatever because I like the pigmentation of it.


On my cheeks.

PROS:
-cute packaging
-nice universal unoverwhelming nude rosy shade.
-one of my go to blushes
-blends nicely and doesn't go on patchy.
-creates a bit of a sculpting contouring effect.
-nice pigmentation
-lasts quite awhile

Cons:
-Nothing really. I dunno, it isn't super soft like it said but like I said I don't mind that.

Would I recommend this? Yes, I actually want a couple more blushes from this line.There are so many pretty colors!

Wearing the blush with flash.

Have you guys ever tried any of the Tarte blushes? I want so many more!They seem so pretty!

Have a good day!!












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pink Wing Pointer