Monday, April 22, 2013

Review:NYX stay matte but not flat liquid foundation in 01 Ivory + Revlon Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon + NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Strawberry Milk

If you guys read....I think my last post or the post before that you'll know I did a bit of an ULTA haul about a month ago. I bought a Clarisonic, some Boscia skincare items,  and some NYX and Revlon makeup. I didn't particularly realllly want any of the items I bought aside from the Clarisonic but sometimes when you have a 20% off coupon + buy one get half off deals you end up just grabbing things on a whim.
NYX stay matte but not flat liquid foundation in 01 Ivory:

I am pretty certain this stuff is fairly new to the market. I know the powder foundation version of this has been around for awhile and I also know lots of people love that stuff. I swatched it in the store and it looked like it had some nice coverage to it but I ended up getting this because I have a total foundation problem.



What the product claims:
New stay matte but not flat liquid foundation provides full coverage of mineral enriched matte finish. The oil free and water based formula is perfect for in the studio or all day long!


Packaging:
Fine. Nothing too special. I'm happy its a squeeze tube because atleast it gives you some control of how much product you get.


Consistency: 
Do you guys see this weirdness? Its chunky. When I swatched this in the store it really didn't seem this way. I also can't apply this with my flat top Sedona Lace brush. It streaks like crazzzzy. No bueno. If I apply it with my hands its definitely better though. This foundation is also thick. More of a sort of cream. I like that about it but the whole chunky thing sort of ruins the consistency for me.

Without foundation. As you guys can see my skin was sort of freaking out here. I'm pretty sure it was due to Josie Maran's Argan Oil. Which is very unfortunate because I heard that stuff if greaaaat for your skin.

Coverage and Finish:
The coverage is quite light. As you can see my blemishes still shine through. I can wear it with a concealer but I personally don't want to depend on a concealer. Another thing, this is so not matte. I get the whole matte but not flat thing, but this is a fairly satin finish. I sort of like it but I also sort of don't because it doesn't seem to set too well. I'm used to matte foundations setting to a sort of powdery finish and this stays pretty dewy until I set it with a powder. 

Color Selection:
In the ULTA I went to there was like..4 colors. I am usually the warmest palest shade of foundation. I swatched this one and it seemed to match me ok. I checked out the second color option and that was WAYYY too dark for me so I picked up the lightest color. On the NYX website though there are 15 shades. They seem to have a decent amount of shades but they really don't go too dark. 

CONCLUSION:

Pros:
-inexpensive. It was only like...7$. 
-the color matched me ok.
-they seemed to have a TON of medium skin tone colors in the 15 shade selection so if you have a medium skin tone you'll probably be able to find something to match you.
-packaging. I like me a squeezey tube.

Cons:
-CHUNKY?!?!
-quite light coverage.
-definitely not a matte finish
-this really doesn't live up to any of the claims it has.
-must apply with hands

Would I recommend this? No. I was pretty disappointed with this foundation. In the store when I swatched it on my hand it felt smoothe and matte and seemed like it blurred the imperfections (or sort of texture) of my hand. When I put it on my face the coverage was pretty shitty and it didn't seem to set well. Maybe the bottle I grabbed was defective but I'm pretty sure i've seen other crappy reviews for this.

Revlon Lip Butter in Wild Watermelon:

I have a love/hate relationship with Revlon lip butters. I love love loovvee my lip butter in Red Velvet but awhile ago I got...Cherry Tart I believe and I hate that thing.I think when I bought it though I thought it was a full on lipstick when it ended up being fairly sheer.

What the product claims:
-Buttery balm + shiny color
-Buttery balm with beautiful shiny color to give you baby soft, healthy glowing lips. 94% of women felt lips were softer, smoother, and instantly hydrated.


Packaging: 
Typical lip butter packaging. Its nice and quilty looking. I've never had one of these open up in my purse and get on stuff so wahoo for that.

swatched.

Consistency & Pigmentation:
Lip butters are soft and smooth. They glide onto your lips easily. They leave your lips feeling lovely and moisturized as well. The pigmentation isn't crazy but maybe its nice for a lip butter? You see, lip butters aren't supposed to be insanely pigmented but this one shows up decently on my lips.

bare lips.
lip butterd lips.

ANYWAYYS

Pros:
-inexpensive
- packagings nice.
-goes on the lips soft and smooth. 
-decently pigmented.
-seems to live up to the claims that Revlon makes about this product which is one of the nicest things about it.

Cons:
-none really.

Would I recommend this? Yes. If you like this color and the lip butters then go for it.

NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Strawberry Milk:

I finally decided to try one of these! When I grabbed the matte but not flat foundation I had to grab something else so i'd get 50% off something and I decided to try out one of these. 

What the product claims:
A radiant eye liner that also doubles as an eye shadow. Made with a blend of mineral oil and powder, our creamy Jumbo Eye Pencils glide on effortlessly-- no pulling, tugging or fading-- and come in a rainbow of vivid hues. Some call her chubby, we say voluptuous. Available in 32 shades.


Packaging:
No different than any other chubby pencil. Its fine.


Pigmentation & Consistency:
The pigmentation is rather nice in my opinion. That looks like a pretty color. The reason why I hate this product is because it totally tugs at my eye. I can't get it to spread nicely on my eyelid. I rather like pink eyeshadows and things and when I got this I assumed it would be sort of like my Milani Shadow Eyez  pencil but it really wasn't. That glides beautifully on my eyelid and it spreads nicely when I smudge it out with my finger. This swatches smoothly on my hand but it just tugs at my eyelid and I really can't have that.

I'm not gonna show you this on my eyelids because I kinda hate it and I just don't use it.

BASICALLY:

Pros:
-nice color selection
-nice pigmentation
-inexpensive
-packaging is fine.

Cons:
-tugs at my eyelid
-will not smudge out well.

Would I recommend this? No. Its uncomfortable to put on because it doesn't blend out well at all. Just get one of the Milani jumbo pencils. They are so much better and probably around the same price.

WOOOOOO. Done these reviews.Haven't done a big multiple product review in awhile!

Wearing just the lip butter because I really don't like the other products very much.

Have you guys tried out any of these? Have you picked up any of the newer NYX and Revlon products?

Have a good dayyayyayayayy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pink Wing Pointer