Saturday, January 26, 2013

Review: Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation in 51

Ohhhhhh yeaaaah. Y'all may know how I love me some foundation! So after doing quite a bit of research on really good drugstore foundations I found this to be a recurring hit amongst people who had access to it. What I mean by that is this foundation isn't sold in the USA. I could've probably ordered it online but one of the cool things about going to Kuwait was that it had Boots. For those of you who don't know, Boots is a...pharmacy?I guess. It has toiletries and makeup. If you live in the US its sort of like CVS. I also believe it originated in Britain?I could be wrong, I just know that it is mentioned in a ton of hauls that British Youtube makeup gurus make. I've only been to a British Boots in the airport in London and it looked exactly like the one I went to in Kuwait. Anyway, I'm going to be honest here, I totallllyyy prefer CVS to Boots because the makeup section is wayyyyy bigger. Boots was cool though. It had tons of brands that CVS doesn't.

From what I've heard, Bourjois is a sister company or whatever to Chanel so..thats pretty friggin' awesome.

What the product claims:(from the Bourjois.uk site)
Bourjois' 1st radiance-boosting fruit therapy foundation for a flawless complexion for up to 16hrs!
  • Apricot > radiance
  • Melon > hydration
  • Apple > antioxidant
  • Ginger > energy
  • Its exquisite glide-on formula blends onto the skin for a flawless, yet natural finish.
  • · 8 hrs moisture
  • · Lets skin breathe
  • · Dermatologically tested  
Packaging:
Justtttt beautiful. It has a pump so thats an A+ in my book!Another thing thats cool about this pump is that it pushes the product up and then out so in my opinion that causes for less waste of the product.

Nooooooooo makeup.
After foundation.
Consistency: 
I don't find this to be watery by any means but it also isn't super thick. The consistency is pretty nice. It feels quite light on the skin. This foundation also smells beaaaaaautiffullll. I dunno if its all the fruity stuff in it or what but its really just nice and fresh smelling. Definitely a nice break from the funky smell of the Revlon Colorstay. The finish of this foundation is satin. Its not too dewy but it definitely is somewhat dewy. That is actually something I do not like about this foundation. My skin can get pretty oily and for that reason I prefer matte foundations. I prefer to add that healthy glow with highlighters where I specifically want it to be.I do think my skin gets oilier quicker when wearing this foundation compared to wearing something with a matte finish.

Coverage: 
This is where I have a bit of a gripe with this foundation. While I don't particularly need heavy coverage, I like heavy coverage.  This foundation is very much a "your skin but better" foundation. It looks natural. I'd call the coverage mediumish at best. If you have nice dry skin, you'd probably LOVEE this.

Color selection:
My shade is the lightest shade and with that being said I find it to be a really nice match. There are 8 shades and they seem to all be yellow based. This is positively great for me but if you have a darker skin tone then this really won't work for you. Which is silly, I don't get why major makeup companies don't address the needs of people with darker skin tones. 

My conclusion:

Pros: 
-smells perdy
-has a pump
-sounds like a pretty healthy foundation
-feels light on the skin
-great shade for me

Cons:
-not enough shades
-satin finish. i prefer matte finishes with my combination/oily skin
-i prefer foundations with a bit more coverage(I can make it work since I use concealer in addition to foundation and powder with coverage but if you have bad skin I really don't think this would provide you with the coverage you're looking for.)

Would I recommend this? If you have the right skin type. By that, I mean dryer skin. Since my skin is oily/combination I don't find myself reaching for this too often.

Finished makeup with foundation,concealer and powder:
Haha not wearing any red lippystick because I had to get my wisdom tooth pulled the day I took this. 
Have you guys gotten your wisdom teeth pulled?Because that sucked.

Can you guys recommend any Bourjois products? I only have this foundation and an eyeshadow trio. I rather like this foundation but that eyeshadow trio is such poop.

Have a great night guys!!<3








 
 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pink Wing Pointer