Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Review: Neutrogena Healthy Skin Smoothing Stick Concealer in Light 02 + Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder in 820 Light Pale + Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in 002 Hazel

This post is probably going to be a long one! Here we gooo!
I picked these up from my local CVS. I heard nice things about the Rimmel eyebrow pencil and I needed a slighter darker concealer because my Revlon Photoready Concealer  is absolutely beautiful BUT it brightens and putting a brightening concealer on a blemish makes your pimple bright which is almost as noticeable as it being a red bump. I also picked up this Revlon Colorstay pressed powder because I absolutely love the foundation and I have only tried 1 other pressed powder (Neutrogena Skin Clearing Mineral Powder in Natural Ivory). I love the Neutrogena powder but I also like trying out new products.
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Smoothing Stick Concealer in Light 02:
I have only sort of recently started wearing concealer (by recently I mean within the last 4 years). I don't really remember if this is because i've tried out the liquid concealers(the kind with the doe foot applicator)before and I didn't end up liking them but I tend to like and buy these lipstick style concealers. I think that may be because they seem thick so in my mind I associate that with something that is the most likely to give me full coverage. 
In case you guys were wondering why I didn't just pick up the darker shade to the Revlon Photoready concealer, I did. The next shade up is too dark for my skin tone.
I have also tried out the Maybelline stick concealer and I prefer the photoready to that. It also didn't have a shade that I thought would work out for what I was looking for. 

Since I love the Neutrogena Healthy Skin Liquid Makeup   and their Skin Clearing Pressed Powder I figured I would also love this concealer by Neutrogena.


What the product claims:
-Conceals skin imperfections
-feels lightweight yet lasts all day
....with benefits
-skin looks and feels smoother and more even
-skin-caring vitamins help soften and condition skin
-oil-free,ultra-blendable formula prevents tugging the delicate eye area
-hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, ophthalmologist tested, fragrance-free, dermatologist developed



Do I think this product lives up to those claims? Not really. 
The thing with this product is that it doesn't work as well as the photoready concealer. It doesn't give as nice a coverage as the photoready does and it also does not last as long at all. What I have ended up doing with this concealer is applying the photoready all over my face after foundation and then if there are any pimples or discoloration or anything showing after I have powdered and everything I put this on top of whatever and it ends up blending in perfectly with my skin tone. I think that is because this concealer has a pinkish undertone to it and most of my powders have a pink undertone as well.I have a yellow undertone I believe but in my opinion after my makeup is done it doesn't look peculiar or bad.
I do really like that this concealer is oil-free, hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic, ophthalmologist tested, fragrance-free, and dermatologist developed.

In case you guys were wondering how the coloring compares to the photoready:


Packaging: Fine. Its normal stick concealer packaging.

BASICALLLYY:

Pros:
-does not brighten my pimples
- nice benefits+ oil free, hypoallergenic, fragrance-free.
-probably won't make you break out. hasn't made me break out
-inexpensive

Cons:
-not as good as photoready concealer:i.e not as much coverage and does not last as long.

Would I recommend it?: No. Not really. Unless you are having the same problem as me. This does solve my brightening pimple issue but this won't be replacing my photoready concealer.

Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder in 820 Light Pale:

Like I mentioned above I really like the Revlon Colorstay Foundation so I really had high hopes for this powder especially in the area of coverage. 


What this product claims:
-Silky, ultra-fine formula blends seamlessly for a flawless, shine free finish that stays cake free all day.
-oil free, non irritating, won't clog pores. Paraben free.
 
Do I think it lives up to those claims? Ehhh, kind of. This powder sort of lives up to those claims, I just don't like this powder. I like powder to give a nice bit of coverage and this stuff just really doesn't. It does mattify my face but it doesn't do a stand out job at it. It also makes me look ghostly pale. I mean..I am incredibly pale but this sort of makes me look like I dipped my face in baby powder. I also find this powdery. It just doesn't look as nice as my Neutrogena powder or my Laura Geller Balance and Brighten(review coming soon). 
I had this sitting in my makeup bag for a couple weeks unsure of what to do with it until I finally thought of a use for it!Since it is incredibly pale I have been using it to set my under eye concealer. It works okay for that!


Packaging: Its simple and effective. No problem with the packaging.


BASICALLY!!

Pros:
-paraben and oil free
-does set me under eye concealer ok
-makes my face matte(but is no more effective than my other powders)
-inexpensive

Cons: 
-powdery
-gives little coverage
-makes me look ghostly

Would I recommend this?No. I feel like there are much better powders out there.

Rimmel Professional Eyebrow Pencil in 002 Hazel:


I never used to use eyebrow pencils until recently. Which is super silly because I love them. I used to just use eyeshadow/brow powder. I still use brow powder towards the beginning of my brow because it creates a softer look there and I use the pencil towards the end of my brow.Pencils just are super easy to use and save me quite a bit of time in my morning routine.

Packaging: The pencil itself is fine. It sharpens easily but the brush at the end could have been better.  I do use it but I prefer the comb like brushes better.

What the product claims: Professional Eyebrow Pencil is used to enhance and refine the shape of the eyebrows. It can be used to fill gaps or lengthen the arc of the eyebrow to create the desired look.


Does this live up to the claims? I would say so. I haven't had much experience with many brow pencils but I think the formula for this is pretty easy to work with. Its quite pigmented and sort of soft. I just like this pencil.


Really the only thing I don't like about this pencil is that the color leans a bit red. This happens with so many many brown brow products. I wish the color came out exactly the color of the cap because I believe that would be an ideal color for black hair.

The brow pencil was used here along with MAC's Beguile brow set and elf light eyebrow kit. My under eyes were also set with the Revlon Colorstay pressed powder.

BASICALLY!!

Pros:
-nice formula
-easy to use
-inexpensive
-pigmented and soft

Cons:
-color leans a tiny bit red
-the brush at the end isn't great

Would I recommend this? Yes!Haha finally something in this post that I can recommend!! Its just a nice brow pencil for dark hair. Unfortunately I believe this only comes in this color and a shade darker. Sorry blondies! :(

Completed look:


Bahhaaa that took so long.
Hope you guys enjoyed!

Have you tried any good concealers, powders, or eyebrow pencils that you can recommend? 



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pink Wing Pointer