Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Review:Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer+Fresh Sugar Lip treatment

I sort of got a ton of products from Sephora the other day.I've been using their primer for a couple years now and since my birthday is soon they gave me my birthday present which was these two lip cutiez. Sephora gives you a birthday present when you are in their VIB (very important beauty) program. You can pick this lip treatment or a body wash. I believe this is the first year where they let you pick between 2 items. Last year they gave me a rather tasty cake smelling body wash. Its nice, but I prefer makeup to body washes.

What it is formulated to do:
The silky blend of vitamins and antioxidants smoothes and perfects skin, while the unique formula helps to inhibit the destruction of collagen, and fills in fine lines and pores for a flawless finish.

I actually started using this product because I have the worst combination skin on the planet. In my opinion, combination is probably the worst skin type because there isn't not obvious satisfactory answer to your skin problem. A couple years ago I went into Sephora and asked for something to mattfy my skin and they suggested this. I actually found out the other day that Smashbox has an anti shine cream that I would really like to purchase.

I enhance the shadows in this picture because the product is clear but that is about the amount that I put onto my skin.I put this on before all other makeup but after lotion. The consistency of this product isn't too thick at all.I think it feels nicely on my skin
So this is my frightening face with messy hair and no makeup. As you can see I have a bit of shine on the bridge of my nose and the side of my nose.
This is my face after the product is applied. It mattified my skin and creates a sort of silky smooth feeling that is nice for coverup to glide over.
This is how my face looks once my coverup and everything is applied. I believe the primer makes my skin smooth and matte that is perfect for coverup. It sort of preps my skin for the makeup and holds the coverup nicely. I have been buying this for years and I do believe it is a very lovely primer. However, I used to use this for shine as well and the skin would become a bit oily again after a couple of hours. Because of this, and because of my combination skin i'd love to try out this product along with the Smashbox anti-shine together. 

Overall:

This is a really nice primer. It makes your skin feel beautiful and smooth and it holds your coverup throughout the day.Although it does mattify for a couple of hours it will no last you throughout the day. I wouldn't recommend it for a shine solution 

 
Fresh Sugar Lip treatment in clear and rose:

What it is formulated to do:Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 blends reparative oils and waxes with real sugar, a natural humectant, for delectable and dependable moisture. Sweet and tart black currant oil, rich in plumping essential fatty acids, cushions the lips while antioxidant grapeseed polyphenols and vitamins A, C, and E provide protection from wrinkle-causing free radicals. It also provides essential, year-round protection from damaging UV rays. 

I actually bought the rose shade 2 years ago. I wanted a nice lip tint and decided to pick this up.It was nice to get the product again for free this time.
Rose

I actually forgot to take a picture of the clear one but the shade is just a normal clear chap stick like coloring to it.

Now, this product is a rather nice healthy gloss. It goes on nicely and makes your lips feel lovely and hydrated. In my opinion there really isn't much of a difference between the coloring of the rose one and the original colorless one. The rose one is so subtle I kept forgetting which was which while looking through my camera. While the effect the rose shade gives is very glossy and in its own way nice its a bit too subtly for me. I would probably wear it if I had some sort of extravagant eyeshadow on but I don't really normally wear eyeshadow. I actually ended up giving the rose shade to my sister and decided to keep the colorless one for myself to put of before lipstick.

Basically:
A bit too subtle for me but nice and healthy and hydrating. Creates a pretty glossy effect on lips.

This product was a nice sample but I probably won't buy it. 

Anyway, have a nice night y'all! :)












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pink Wing Pointer