Sunday, July 8, 2012

Review:Sally Hansen:Salon Effects:470 Lust-rous nail polish strips

 I have bought this product a couple of times in numerous different styles. While I do like having nice nails I tend to just mess them up drawing or painting. I've seen a couple of beautiful nail tutorial posts but I don't really think I have the patience to attempt any of them.
The Sally Hansen Salon Effects nails stripes are a fairly easy and sort of fast way to get rather lovely nails.
I'm not the biggest fan of black nail polish because it makes me look like a total goth kid with my hair color but I couldn't resist this one because it reminded me of the night sky.
 
These are all the things that come in the package.
The instructions read:
-Start with clean, dry nails
-Push back cuticles with wooden stick
-Shape free edge of nail with hot pink side of file
-Give nails one last swipe of nail color remover to remove any excess dirt and oil.(This step is extremely important as it helps manicure last longer)
Ensure there is no creamy or oily residue left behind.
-Use warm hands for maximum flexibility and stretch.
1.Select best fitting strip for each nail.
2.Remove clear protective plastic cover, then nail polish strip from backing paper.

Yo, check out my creepy legs!
3.Choose the side of the strip that best fits the shape of your cuticles. Break silver tab from strip.
4. Place strip againt cuticle line. Hold strip at the center for maximum comfort.Press nail strip to nail. Gently stretch strip for perfect fit. Firmly smooth over entire nail. 
5.Smooth excess over nail edges forming a crease around the edge of the nail. Gently file away excess from nail edge using light pink side of file.
I have..super fat fingers.
After I applied these nail strips I also put a clear gloss over the nails to make sure that they don't chip off or anything. 
While these nail strips do end up looking pretty there are a couple of things I don't really like about them. For one thing, they are 10 dollars. They are 10 dollars and you only get one use out of them and the product says they should last about...10 days I believe. You could probably buy black nail polish and sparkle nail polish for a couple more dollars than these and get multiple applications out of them.
I also really do not like how the stripes are all ready starting to sort of...flip up?I guess. They are chipping basically. I've had them on for...2 hours. I also have a clear base coat to hold them and they are still flipping up. I don't see them lasting me 10 days.
These are sort of easy to apply however when you put them on the finger you are probably not going to be able to smooth all of them out completely so you are bound to get a ripple in the nail strip.

So basically

Pros:
-Easy to apply
-Super pretty
-Comes with more than 10 strips in case you mess up a finger

Cons:
-Probably won't last as long as they say they will.
-ripple effect in nail strip
-Sort of expensive

If you want a uniquely designed manicure for a night or two I do think you'd probably like this product!

Have a good day you alllllllll!

 
 
 


 
 
 
 


 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pink Wing Pointer